|The club is for Christians only. If you are interested in Christianity select a topic and get acquainted. Bible references are marked by the little book .|
|Home Page||What is a Christian||What is a "born again Christian"||How to become a Christian|
|Where to meet Christians||Don't want to become Christian now||Why become a Christian ?||What proof is there of God ?|
What is a Christian ?
is one who believes in and follows the teachings of Jesus
Christ. More specifically believes that Jesus is God's
Son who was born on earth as a human to be the perfect
sacrifice for the rest of us imperfect people. After Jesus lived a pure life He
then suffered and died for our sins, but God raised Him
up three days later to rule the earth in peace after the
present age is over. Christians are Jesus' followers,
those who hope in His coming Kingdom and believe the
simple yet miraculous, far fetched story.
What is a "born again Christian"
All people are born of the flesh,
we are mortals with physical bodies and physical desires. God is a spirit,
an entirely different form of life. Jesus was already the Son of God in
their Spiritual Kingdom before He came to earth as a baby. He was born in mortal flesh as a baby, but his
father was the Holy Spirit of God. For a man to be born again means for man to be born
by the Spirit of God, as a baby spirit if you will, the reverse of what
Jesus did in coming to earth. A new Christian will become a babe in
Christ. There will be a conflict between the desires of the flesh and the
new spirit and therefore it sometimes takes a while before a new Christian
can really clean up his life. As the spirit grows it will become stronger and be able to
overcome the desires of the flesh. When he learns the spiritual rules and
grows in love and faith, he grows into a mature Christian, it does not
happen over night. It is required that you be born of the spirit to
inherit eternal life, all mortals die. This gets a little complicated
and is controversial so let's go to the scriptures for more details.
How to become a Christian
1) Repent, admit you are a sinner, you are not alone, all have sinned. God wants you humble, not perfect. Resolve to let God start changing your life. Jesus came to save sinners from death, He did not come to call the righteous .
2) Come to realize that God loves you even though you are a sinner. So much love that he sent his Son Jesus to die for your sins. God made a way for you to become a child of God and heir to the Kingdom of Heaven .
3) Fully believe in your heart, (have faith), that God sent his Son Jesus to die as sacrifice for you sins and then raised him from death to be the King of Kings. If God did not raise Jesus from the dead then he won't raise you either. It is required that you believe it, faith is the requirement for salvation, you cannot be saved from doing good deeds or because your mother believes. You must believe it or you are dead in your sins with no hope. There is no other way .
4) Call upon or pray to the Lord Jesus. Ask Him to come into your heart and show you the way He wants you to live. Jesus wants to give you salvation and a lot more but you must ask Him first .
5) Next you learn to live according to His will. Become a servant of God rather than a servant of sin. Surrender your will to His will. The biggest rule is to love God and to love the rest of the people. To love God is to obey Him. To love people is to show care and kindness to them, all of them .
6) Read and study the bible, a little each day. The bible is the book God gave us to teach us how to live. The Old Testament is the history of the Jewish nation (Jesus is a Jew) and also the prophecy for the future. The New Testament is about the life and attitude of Jesus and the first Christians. Both Old and New Testaments are full of instructions for wise and prosperous living, promises to those who obey it and warnings for those who don't. It is a master guide book for Christians, new and old. It is a big book and will take several readings before you can grasp the whole picture, so get started now and keep it up .
7) What else should you do
Don't want to become one now
The gift of God is a free choice, you choose whose side your on. The Lord says "many are called but few are chosen". This club is for Christians only because God desires us to find other Christian mates. There are many other sites on the web, plenty of other ways to meet people, go there. The people in this club do not want to meet you until you turn your life to Christ. We wish you would reconsider for your own sake and maybe someday you will see the light. In the meantime please do not sign up here.